Thursday, November 6, 2014

Of Time and the City



It looks like we're in for a treat on Sunday, the 9th. The acclaimed film  Of Time and the City by Terence Davies is our next film club selection. This documentary about Davies hometown, Liverpool has been called a masterpiece. Here's the trailer just to give you an idea:




I'm really looking forward to this film. Hope to see you all there.


Another Film from Chile

If you enjoyed Gloria, you might be interested in other films from Chile. Here's one that sounds interesting. It's called Bonsai - a love story with a literary back drop. I haven't seen it so you can't blame me if it's not good. But it seems a lot of good films are coming out of Chile and it's a good thing to support their efforts.




In Memoriam


He wasn't a film star, but a lot of us in San Diego county will fondly remember Larry Himmel. He was a fixture on KFMB. He was only 68 and died way too young. 






 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Nancy, for such a fine job of keeping us informed!

    I also appreciate that you honored Larry Himmel. Wasn't he one of the victims of fire damage to his home a couple of years ago?

    He shall be missed by me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete