Monday, September 16, 2013




Since you all are film buffs, thought you'd like some information on the upcoming San Diego Film Festival.

This is a really user-friendly website. Just click on the name of the film and all the info pops up. I've tried other film festival websites and they're usually very difficult to navigate. This one's easy.

It looks like an interesting group of films and if honoree Judd Apatow shows up in person that would be a real plus.

The festival is Oct. 2 - 6. Mark your calendars.

Have you seen any good films lately?  Let us know in the comments section.



I watched Cloud Atlas last night. I didn't like it at all and I did read the book. But I didn't like the book either. So there you have it. My main problem with the movie was there was too much "shoot em up" type action - much like all the current block busters. It was totally unnecessary. I might be going deaf, but I couldn't understand much of the dialog - especially the Hawaiian Island parts with Tom Hanks and Halle Berry. Instead of using the island dialect, Halle's accent was more down south with a little rap mixed in.

Anyway, I don't recommend it. But when I read all the reviews on IMDB that were so glowing - "It's a masterpiece" etc., I could be wrong. You'll have to be the judge.

If you manage to read this blog (it hasn't shown up on Google listings yet), please subscribe by adding your email address at the top left of the blog.

Don't forget Sunday, Sept. 22 for the Oscar nominated animated shorts, Digiplex Theater, Mission and College, Oceanside, 3:00 pm. Hope to see you there.









No comments:

Post a Comment